The Jordaan is one of the oldest neighbourhood of Amsterdam, where you truly can experience Amsterdam atmosphere and street life.The major places of interest, such as the Anne Frankhouse and the famous Noordermarkt farmer’s market (on Saturday) and Monday flea market are only minutes away as well as the famous Nine Streets with many small boutiques, bars and trendy restaurants. Supermarket and public transport are within walking distance.
This beautiful one bedroom Amsterdam apartment rental has a canal view and is located at the Bloemgracht ("flower canal") in the historical neighbourhood Jordaan.
This Amsterdam apartment is located on street level in a traditional Amsterdam house. The living room features a double sofa bed, flat screen television, DVD player and a dining table. The bedroom has a large double bed and a romantic canal view. The bedroom is separated from the spacious living room by authentic sliding doors. The kitchen is fully equipped and there is a laundry room with a washing machine. The bathroom of this Amsterdam property in Jordaan features a bathtub/shower and a toilet.
This location was perfect! One block from all the action, yet on a quiet street that was quaint and romantic. The price was fair. Only complaints were that the shower/tub needs some attention. The faucet ran scalding hot water on your toes as you showered and the shower curtain stuck to you the entire time.. They should install a showercurtain rod that is bowed out like I have seen at many hotels and it would solve the problem. The faucet is an easy fix and should be remedied immediately. The refrigerator was a bit odd buried in a cabinet near the washer... This could be improved as well as adding a dryer for laundry. Other than that it was a great week stay. Again I booked this due to the location and it does not disappoint in that respect. The bed was very comfy and we loved the big windows facing the quaint canal. If the furniture was upgraded this apartment could fetch a higher rate.
The apartment is in a great location with wonderful cafes and little shops nearby. Beautiful view of the canal and very quiet at night. Easy walk to the tram. We enjoyed the character of the apartment with its high ceilings and crown molding. The sound of the nearby church bells chiming was lovely and enhanced the delight of our overall experience. It was very clean. The bathroom was a little outdated but that was to be expected. The only worrisome thing is that one of the pipes running along the wall above the rim of the tub was extremely hot to the touch. As we had our 8 year old granddaughter with us, we should have been informed of this as she could have burned herself. We only became aware of this when my wife accidentally touched the pipe. In terms of the kitchen, the apartment was well appointed but more light/lamps are needed in the livingroom and dining areas. Also, an alarm clock in the bedroom would have been appreciated. The staff was very courteous and quick to respond to our queries. We thought it very good value for our money, and had a wonderful week there.
Check-In / Check-out Info
: Check-in for this property is At a nearby office and starts from 14:00. Please note that the owner of this property charges late check-in fees if you arrive after 22:00>>more info here
Owners usually pay someone to come and meet you outside of regular business hours. These are the fees that this owner charges for late check-in.
|22:00:00 ||05:00:00 ||50.00 |
: Checkout is usually before 11:00 but you may be able to check-out later if no-one arrives that day. Please discuss this with the owner on arrival.
- More than 14 days: In case of cancellation of a confirmed booking with more than 14 days prior warning, 100% of of the deposit amount is non refundable.
- Within 14 days: Less than 14 days prior to arrival: 50% of the total accommodation cost will be charged.
- Within 24 hours: Less than 24 hours prior to arrival or cancellation without prior notice "no-show": 100% of the total accommodation cost will be charged.
- If the client abandons the property, he loses all rights to any eventual refund or rebate.
- If there's a "no-show" without the client giving prior warning to Holiday Velvet , the client is liable for 100% of the total booking amount.
- Should you need to cancel the reservation due to unforeseen circumstances such as bad weather, airline cancellation, ill health etc, the same cancellation conditions as stated here apply.
- Prices advertised for this accommodation are shown when you make an availability search
- Prices are inclusive of: taxes, electricity, hot water, gas, towels, clean linen and the final cleaning fee
- Utilities are sometimes charged separately and charged on consumption, details will be listed as a cost if applicable
- if a security deposit is required, it will be listed when you make an availability search
- payment process and method is listed before any payment is due